Wednesday, July 26, 2006

shopping

Now before you go getting concerned by the title of this post, let me just say that last night I went out for dinner with my Mom & my Grandparents, then my Mom & I popped into the mall to pick up a few things, I got a really cute new pink bra and some banana body butter, the grand total of that little excursion... $0!! My Grandpa bought us dinner and then my Mom bought me the bra & the body cream! They were having a sale of buy one bra, get one free, and she only wanted one, so she let me pick out the free one, and then in the Body Shop, it was buy one item, get the second half price. I was so excited, because I was starting to feel a little deprived at not having anything new for over a week, so this is the little boost I needed to get me through until payday on Friday.

Today at lunch I did spend a little because I had to go get my eyebrows waxed, but the girl I go to is a friend of a friend, and she doesn't charge me, so I just tipped her $5 - do you think that's enough?? - and then since I was thirsty, I stopped into the coffee shop next door and got myself an italian soda - $2.93.

I think that's not too bad, in the last 24 hours, I've had dinner out, gotten a new bra, some body cream, an eyebrow wax and an a delicious grapefruit-lime italian soda, all for the grand total of $7.93!!

Maybe I am getting the hang of this saving money thing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment