Tuesday, October 17, 2006

frustrations...

I tried calling about updating my satellite TV service today, and it didn't go well, why does it have to be so difficult to deal with a big company?? This is basically how our conversation went...

me (happy, and being my usual chipper morning self): Hi, I'd like to get another receiver for my satellite

her (bitter about her job, and obviously doesn't speak englsh well at all): ok, you have receiver ID number

me (still chipper): no, I don't have a receiver, I'd like to get one.

her: ok, you need receiver first before service.

me (a little less chipper): ok but I already have service for one, I'd just like to get another one from you

her: ok, you must buy receiver, it costs $99

me (annoyed): ok, that's fine.

her: I need credit card number from you to pay

me (more annoyed): can't you just add it to my monthly bill that I already receive and I'll pay that way

her: no, you need credit card, you give me number

me (frustrated): I don't have a credit card

her: I can't give you receiver without credit card, you give me number

me (angry): I DON'T have a credit card, can I pay you a different way

her: no, you go to (names a large electronics store) and buy one, then you call back

me: fine (I hang up).

I don't understand this, I have satellite service, I pay my bill ontime every month, I want to upgrade my service, essentially paying you more, and you say no. Just because I don't have a credit card, I can't buy anything from you, so you'd rather I go to a different company, buy a product from them and then activate it with you? How does this make any sense at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment