Tuesday, October 24, 2006

call waiting...

My best friend called me last night, and the start of our conversation was so funny, I seriously thought I might die of laughter...

me: (picks up phone) hello?

her: (sounding a little panicky) hi, finally, I was starting to get worried

me: why??

her: I've been trying to call you for the last 20 minutes but something was wrong with your phone

me: (very confused) what do you mean?

her: well, I would dial your number and then there was silence and then your phone would make this strange beeping noise, like this beeep, beeep, beeep, beeep

me: hysterically laughing, tears streaming down my face, it takes a full minute before I can speak

her: (annoyed) what is so funny, I was really worried

me: um, that's a busy signal, I was on the phone with my Mom!

Apparently I'm the only person she knows who is too cheap to get call waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment