Wednesday, September 6, 2006

a long time coming...

Well, my mortgage is officially re-financed. I didn't get as much as I was hoping for so I won't be able to pay everything off, I'm about $2,000 short, but its a great start and I'm feeling much better about my situation. I will be putting together a proper budget for myself and starting it officially on October 1st (after I pay off my credit cards and am able to start fresh with my monthly bills etc.

I decided to keep the jacket. I know it may not be the wisest financial decision, but I do really love it and I did need to get a new winter jacket this year as my old one is white and over the past 3 years has turned into a very ugly yellowish-grayish-brownish colour. But I have vowed not to shop for the rest of September to make up for the amount I spent on it. I have to get used to the budgeting and if I spend all of my budgeted money on one thing, then I'm done and if that means missing out on something else that I want, then that's what I have to do.

Yesterday when I checked my mail, I found the best surprise! A package all the way from Australia!!! :-) This is the first time I've ever gotten mail from so far away, so I was extremely excited. Karina sent me some Mary Kay samples and a book 'Gazumped!' which I am very excited to read. Thank you so much Karina!! Here are some pictures of what I got, my cat 'Martha' was extremely interested and would not let me take the pictures without her!That's Martha's tail in the corner, and this is all the cool stuff I got!Here she is trying to attack the bag it came in

And here she is stealing the bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment